Terms and Conditions
Booking terms & conditions
Listed below are the terms and conditions for Stuart & Kathryn Pagram, 2 Allée des Marais, 73700, Séez, referred to as Chalet Des Sangliers. These terms and conditions form the basis of your holiday contract with Chalet Des Sangliers. They set out the respective rights and obligations of Chalet Des Sangliers and you are accepting you have read and agree with them upon booking with us.
Your booking agreement
- Once you have received both an availability confirmation and email acceptance of your booking from Chalet Des Sangliers, a booking enquiry will be held for 7 days pending receipt of the correct deposit.
- The group leader (who must be at least 18 years of age) must complete the Chalet Des Sangliers booking form on behalf of all persons named on the form and in doing so confirms everyone’s acceptance of these booking conditions. He/she is responsible for all matters relating to the booking and will be personally liable for all monies outstanding to Chalet Des Sangliers from the remainder of the group.
- The group refers to all persons booked to stay with Chalet Des Sangliers as detailed on the booking form and are detailed as the Client in the terms and conditions
- The booking form must be forwarded to Chalet Des Sangliers together with the agreed deposit or full payment of the holiday if booked within 6 weeks.
- If the booking form and deposit have not been received within 7 days then Chalet Des Sangliers reserves the right to consider the booking cancelled and to rebook the rooms without notification.
- Check-in is from 4pm and Check-out by 10am unless agreed otherwise
- Cleaning is included however we expect the Chalet to be left in a reasonable state and reserve the right to withhold a deposit to cover cleaning fees
Number of Guests/Maximum Occupancy
- The contract is established for a specific number of persons. If the number of vacationers exceeds the accommodation capacity, we may refuse to accept the additional guests. In this case, any amendment to or breaking of the contract will be considered to be at the guest’s initiative.
Your booking contract
- Once Chalet Des Sangliers has received your booking form and appropriate deposit or payment, Chalet Des Sangliers will confirm your booking, it is from this moment, when a binding contract comes into existence between you and Chalet Des Sangliers.
- French law governs this contract, and all matters arising out of it. In the unlikely event of any dispute coming between you and Chalet Des Sangliers, we both agree that this will be dealt with by the courts in France.
- The confirmation will advise when the final payment is due and we will try to send you a reminder. However, if payment is not received in full and on time (6 weeks before your holiday start date), we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case, the cancellation charges set out below will be payable.
- Please check the confirmation when received and raise any queries with Chalet Des Sangliers immediately. If Chalet Des Sangliers then deem your holiday as cancelled we reserve the right to rebook the rooms without further notice.
- Chalet Des Sangliers guarantees the price of your catered/self catered winter ski chalet holiday or catered/self catered summer chalet holiday as quoted at the time of booking and reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of unsold holidays or any additional unsold arrangements at any time.
- The price of your chalet holiday does not include flights, travel costs, transfers from airports, holiday and medical insurance. In Winter it does not include: lift passes, ski hire, ski lessons or childcare. In Summer it does not include: lift passes, bike hire, canoe hire, kayak hire, any other activity hire or booking or childcare.
- Weekly catered winter/summer chalet holidays at Chalet Des Sangliers include all linen and towels, 7 nights’ accommodation, evening meals with wine on 6 nights, breakfast on 7 mornings
- Self-catered holidays include linen, towels and use of the chalet. The hot tub and sauna are only included as part of the cost if the holiday is during the winter ski season, if booked outside this period there will be an additional charge due
- Local tourist tax will be payable in cash at the end of your stay which is paid directly to the Town Hall. The minimum charge is 0.30€ per person per day for over 18’s. This may increase and is set by the French authorities
- A damage deposit of £250 or 250€ is to be paid upon arrival in cash or by French Cheque. The deposit is required to cover the cost of any damage or breakages to or at the property and any additional cleaning and any missing items. This will be returned after your stay once the chalet has been inspected. We reserve the right to hold the damage deposit if there is a dispute over damage, or we are awaiting bills/proof of
- Acceptable payment types are in UK Pounds or Euros, Bank transfer in UK in Pounds Sterling to our UK Bank Account, Bank transfer in Euros to our French Bank Account. or in cash (Euros and Sterling pounds).
- If you wish to pay in Euros you will need to contact us for the correct booking price in Euros.
- Any international bank transfer costs, or other payment costs, will not be paid for by Chalet Des Sangliers and must be taken on by you.
- Chalet Des Sangliers is not responsible for any payment discrepancies caused by variations in exchange rates used by your bank/credit card user.
- For your own personal safety and that of other guests, we have provided smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. Smoke detectors are now a legal requirement in France and we strongly advise guests to not tamper with them ie remove the battery/deactivate them. This could invalidate our insurance in the event of a fire.
- Fire- In the event of a fire, please evacuate all members from the house immediately and as safely as possible. If a small fire and you feel able, please use the fire extinguisher provided but please do not put your safety at risk.
- There is a fire-ladder on the top floor on the top of the bookcase to be used in an emergency
- Pets are not allowed
- We have a dog who lives in our self-contained apartment.
- We live in a self-contained apartment below the chalet and are available most of the time if you have any problems
- Parking, we have space on our driveway for cars. Do not park on the road as your vehicle will be towed by the Police Municipal
- All groups and persons booking with Chalet Des Sangliers are required to purchase insurance in order to cover the cost of cancellation by you and the cost of assistance and repatriation in the event of accident or illness.
- Insurance must be in place before you start your holiday with Chalet Des Sangliers. It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that each member of his group has adequate cover.
- If you do not take out an insurance policy, Chalet Des Sangliers will not be responsible for any matters arising as a result of this. You will be further responsible for paying to and indemnifying Chalet Des Sangliers for any sums we may occur
Alterations and /or cancellations by you
- Should you wish to make any changes to your booking after they have been confirmed, you must advise Chalet Des Sangliers. We will do our best to accommodate any changes but cannot guarantee this.
- Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking, after it has been confirmed, you must advise us as soon as possible.
- Your deposit will be retained and the following cancellation charges will be applied. These charges are calculated from the date on which Chalet Des Sangliers receives notice of the cancellation.
|Weeks before departure||Percentage of holiday cost|
|6 to 4||50%|
|4 to 2||75%|
|2 or less||100%|
- Non receipt of the balance of the cost of your winter ski catered chalet holiday or family catered holiday with Chalet Des Sangliers will not be taken as notification of cancellation. You will still be liable for cancellation charges as shown above if you subsequently cancel the holiday.
Alterations and /or cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to make minor alterations to our website and holiday details before and after bookings have been confirmed. In the case of a minor or significant alteration being made we will advise you at the earliest possible date.
- In the event of a significant alteration, you may accept it or cancel your booking and receive a full refund. Chalet Des Sangliers will pay no compensation.
- Very occasionally, it may be necessary for Chalet Des Sangliers to cancel a confirmed holiday. We must reserve the right to do so. If we do so you will receive a full refund of all the monies paid, or if requested we will endeavour to find alternative accommodation of the same value. We accept no legal liability and will pay no compensation.
- Very rarely, we may be forced to curtail your holiday after the date of departure where circumstances amounting to ‘force majeure’ occur as described below. In this very unusual situation, we regret we cannot make any refunds, meet any cost or expenses you may incur as a result or pay any compensation.
- We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by ‘force majeure’. In these booking conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event, which we or the supplier of the service (s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid.
- Such events may include war or threat of war, political unrest, adverse weather conditions, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural, nuclear or technical disasters, volcanic ash disruption, fire, epidemics, acts of God and all similar events outside our control.
Our liability to you
- Chalet Des Sangliers accepts responsibility for ensuring that all parts of our contract with you are properly performed subject to the following exceptions.
- Chalet Des Sangliers cannot accept liability where any failure to perform or improper performance was due to: (i) the act(s) and/or omission (s) of the person (s) affected or any member (s) of their party or (ii) those of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or (iii) an event which either ourselves or the supplier of the services in question could not have foreseen or forestalled even with all due care.
- Chalet Des Sangliers cannot accept liability with any cancellation, loss, delay or costs wheresoever’s and howsoever arising or connected with adverse weather or traffic conditions, avalanche, mud slips, slides, snow conditions, airline strikes and the effect that any of these may have on travel arrangements, accommodation and activities
- Chalet Des Sangliers cannot accept liability from limitations imposed by resort authorities, ski-lifts, ski hire or ski school operators.
- Chalet Des Sangliers cannot accept liability for any travel arrangements made by the group or on behalf of the group.
- In the event of any liability being accepted, we shall not be liable for more than the cost of the accommodation component booked through Chalet Des Sangliers. No further compensation will be paid out.
- When a holiday is booked with Chalet Des Sangliers, the group leader accepts total and full responsibility for any damage or loss caused by yourself or any member of your party, to Chalet Des Sangliers property, grounds, vehicles and all equipment. Full payment for such damage or loss must be immediately made to us or the third party concerned. The payment responsibility lies with the group leader. If you fail to make payment then you must indemnify Chalet Des Sangliers against any claims (including legal costs) made against us as a result of your actions.
- We expect all clients to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion you or any member of your party behave in such a way as to cause or to be likely to cause, distress, danger or annoyance to any third party (such as other clients, us or local residents), excessive noise inside or within the chalet grounds, or a negative impact on the reputation of Chalet Des Sangliers, we reserve the right to terminate the holiday of the person concerned without notice.
- In the above situation, our responsibilities towards that person (including any return transport arrangements) will immediately cease and we will not be responsible for meeting any costs or expenses they may incur as a result. We will not make any refunds or pay any compensation to the individual involved or to members of his/her party or associates wishing to curtail their holiday as a result.
- Any persons not booked into Chalet Des Sangliers can only visit the property with prior notification and permission of Chalet Des Sangliers. If a client is in breach of these terms and conditions, Chalet Des Sangliers reserve the right to refuse to further accommodate them and contractual obligations will cease immediately.
Passport, visa and health requirements
- We cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto a flight or into any country, due to failure on your part to carry the correct passport, visa or other documents required by any airline or authority. Please note that some flights are into Geneva in Switzerland, which is not an EU member.
- Before travelling you are advised to check with your own doctor for your own medical requirements. It is highly advisable to have the up to date European Health Passport card which has replaced the old E111 and adequate and correct travel insurance in place
Children’s facilities in resort and the chalet
- Whilst we try and make our chalet child friendly, it is by no means completely childproof. Chalet Des Sangliers will not be held responsible for any accident occurring within the chalet. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their children are supervised at all times.
- There is NO SMOKING in the chalet at all, this is for fire safety reasons and there is a no smoking policy. Clients may only smoke in the corner of the garden as shown upon first arrival and cigarette butts must be placed in the bucket.
- We also include vaping and any other electronic cigarettes as smoking and are to be used in the designated area,
Lost and stolen Property
- Any client not properly securing the exits after leaving the chalet will be liable for any property stolen as a result of that negligence.
- Chalet Des Sangliers will not be held responsible for any theft or loss of personal possessions from our premises/vehicles. Whilst Chalet Des Sangliers will endeavour to ensure the security of guest’s personal possessions, we cannot give a 100% guarantee.
- If you have a special request, please clearly note it on your booking form or if after booking, make it in writing. The request will only be binding if we have confirmed in writing that we can accommodate this.
- If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate your particular needs, we must reserve the right to decline your booking, or cancel it, when we find out the full details, if you fail to provide these at the time of booking.
- All descriptions and photography on the Chalet Des Sangliers website are given in good faith on the information available to us and believed to be correct
- The chalet is privately owned
- Please be aware that the information given about the resorts of Paradiski/Espace Saint Bernardo/Espace Killy and its facilities, we cannot guarantee accuracy at all times or that any particular activity will take place as these services are not under our control